We are currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Manager to join our join our Human Resources team and drive companywide payroll and benefit responsibilities with a particular focus on the US market. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will prepare and process semi-monthly, multi-state payrolls using ADP Workforce Now and work with employees on information and inquiries about payroll, compensation and benefits data. You will also manage US employee benefit plans including enrolments, eligibility, and associated changes while collaborating with the Accounting department for payments and deductions of employee- paid benefit premiums.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in a growing, global professional services firm with multiple business units with the possibility of taking on more involvement in benefit plan reviews and international markets over time. Given the high growth of our business, you are an ambitious professional who is easily adaptable while providing top-tier client service to our employees within a dynamic, fast-paced professional services firm.
In this key role you will:
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources and work cross-functionally with the Finance team to manage the US payroll and benefits process
- Prepare and process semi-monthly (multi-state) payrolls, using ADP Workforce Now for internal employees
- Ensure that all payroll changes, benefit elections and employee core data changes are recorded promptly and with proper documentation
- Review of payroll taxes and partner with internal team and ADP to ensure accurate and timely tax filings
- Conduct annual review of W-2s
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance requirements as they relate to Payroll and Benefits
- Partner with our external and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate data exchange and effective operations of our benefit and retirement programs
- Assist HR with all post-hire and onboarding activities including ADP new employee setup and benefit administration
- Setup, communicate and manage the annual benefit open enrollment cycle
- Develop and implement a long-term global payroll strategy
- Prepare, validate and submit compliance filings as needed
- Assist with external audits of financial integrity, as necessary
- Work with employees on information and inquiries about payroll, compensation and benefits data
- Facilitate timely resolution of payroll and benefit related escalations
- Protect confidential information
- Perform other job duties as assigned including acting as backup for Caldwell’s business unit’s payroll & benefits
Skills and attributes for success:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of processing multi-state payroll and administering benefits in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Human Resources is preferred
- CPP and/or CEBS designation an asset
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hours laws and best practices
- Experience with Payroll/HCM systems preferred, especially ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent MS Excel skills – formulas, complex spreadsheets, etc.
- Analytical and reporting skills related to payroll, benefits, audit preparation and taxes
- Proven commitment to confidentiality, exercise extreme discretion and high professional ethical standards
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels of the organization
- Competent at assessing and implementing process improvements to enhance productivity and workflows
- Comfortable working autonomously without direction; ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service orientation
Our culture & benefits:
Caldwell offers flexible working arrangements, competitive health, vision, dental, and life & disability insurance for employees and their families as well as other great perks such as summer Friday’s, Christmas shut-down and monthly company-wide virtual events and clubs. Caldwell has a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee to promote and celebrate diversity and inclusion in the workplace by connecting, engaging and empowering individuals across the organization.
Caldwell is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WE BELIEVE TALENT TRANSFORMS
As a leading provider of executive talent, Caldwell Partners is an international boutique executive search firm ranked among the top 20 search firms globally. With offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, we offer our clients the substantial resources, vertical market expertise, and market presence of an international firm.
With a 50 year history, we have a sterling reputation built on successful searches for board directors, chief and senior executives, and selected functional experts. Caldwell Partners was recognized as the fastest growing search firm in the Americas according to 2012 and 2014 industry rankings. Still, our rapid growth has been managed carefully, ensuring that we have minimal blocking restrictions, that each assignment is tailored carefully and partner-led, and that the success of each assignment is singularly important to every employee at Caldwell Partners. We are an international boutique offering a large footprint with superb skills, experience, and service.
We founded and continue to promote prestigious award programs, including Canada’s Outstanding CEO of the Year™ and Canada’s Top 40 Under 40™.